Engineered Solutions LTD may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 / May / 2018 .
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Email address
- Phone number
- Business or personal delivery address (whether bought for a business or for personal use)
- Any other information you wish to share with us
Your credit card details are encrypted and cannot be accessible by anyone to see, including ourselves.
How we collect the data
We collect this data only when you share it with us, i.e. when placing an order or leaving an enquiry on this website, over the phone or by email.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Process your order and make sure you receive deliveries
- Internal records keeping
- Marketing communications (we will never bombard you with spam emails!). We will only talk to you about new products or relevant offers you might be interested in.
Who we share this information with
Not all of our products are manufactured by us, sometimes we use third party suppliers and carriers to fulfil deliveries. In that case we would need to share your delivery details with them to fulfil our contractual obligations. They will never sell or use your data in any way other than to deliver goods to you.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to other third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How long we keep the data for
We retain this data for solely statistical purposes and will fully delete it when the customer relationship ends.
Lawful Basis for Processing Data
Under GDPR we are required to specify the lawful basis for processing any type of personal data. We do it in the following ways:
- Contract - we are required to process contact details, e.g. delivery address, in order to fulfil orders and get the deliveries out to you in time.
- Legitimate Interests - we may use the data you share with us to send you marketing communications, which in no way would harm your rights or interests.
- Legal Compliance - we may need to process your data if we are required by law to do so, for instance, for fraud or criminal activity purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You have the rights to:
- Have access to the data we hold on you
- For the data to be rectified, erased, restricted for processing, or changed.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You can find an ‘unsubscribe’ link in our marketing emails
- You can contact us by phone or email and request your data to be changed or deleted. If you have created an online account with us, you can also view your information online.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations). This is free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Engineered Solutions are the sole controller and processor of the data held.
If you have any enquiries or issues with regards to how your data is being used, please get in touch with us via the following methods:
Engineered Solutions (Projects) LTD
Registered address: Bainbridge House, 379 Stamfordham Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 2LH
Phone number: 0333 00 50 323