For delivery costs outside UK Mainland please call +44 (0)333 005 0323
At the design phase there are a number of key issues which must be checked.
1) How do you intend to get goods on and off the mezzanine floor?
2) How often are you going to be on the mezzanine floor?
3) Are you ever going to want to use the mezzanine floor for anything else?
4) How stable do you want the mezzanine floor to be?
5) What operations do you intend to have going on beneath the mezzanine floor?
6) What mechanical handling equipment do you intend to employ?
7) Have you any idea of the cost of a lift and do you know how many other low cost alternatives there are which comply to Building Regulations?
8) If you have not heard the term 'access statement' it is important.
9) Foundations are a major consideration.
10) There are several material handling, storage and distribution details which have a major impact upon the mezzanine floor design. These are frequently the last decision when they should be the first consideration.
11) If you think you are going to save money with second hand mezzanine flooring, think again. You are unlikely to buy a properly calculated structure, it is an unregulated industrial sector, it is fraught with regulation problems and in 25 years I have never seen a corrrectly engineered second hand installation and most of them cost more than a new mezzanine floor.
12) The secret to a successful, low cost mezzanine floor installation is to plan the application in every detail. The delete button is mightier than the cheque book and the best way to do this is to have professional advice from the start. It will always be cheaper for you in the long run. We do 3D drawings to show you exactly how your mezzanine floor will look in situ.
If you do not own your building, you will have to have permission from your landlord. If you are on a full repairing lease you will need good advice from the person who is installing your mezzanine floor (hopefully us and we are experts).
Fire regulations are based on a Fire Officer having to enter your building to rescue an individual. In some cases this is seconds before smoke, the most frequent cause of death, overcomes the victim. The clearest route is the best chance of survival. Cat ladders - vertical steel ladders are often put forward as solutions to these problems. We suggest you consider the possibility of you being taken down one of these with a fire officer with full breathing apparatus and you over his shoulder in a cat ladder barely large enough for both of you - a good reason for having a very well planned escape route and why the Fire Brigade and your insurance company are concerned about their safety and yours as opposed to how quickly you can get out of the building as an abled bodied person.
Most modern industrial floors are able to withstand reasonable loadings but be warned these can be in excess of six and a half tonnes and you need to be able to prove to the local authority that your floor will take this. We can provide the loadings if you can provide us with the original design data, especially the geotechnical survey documents which precede the slab and foundation drawings and are the basis for these drawings.
Some of the lower illustrations in the gallery show how we make our mezzanine flooring fit in with existing building structures using and adapting to the same mountings and modifying our structural sections to enable a profile right up to the skin of the building to provide you with maximum floor space for your operations. Additionally it is important that levels between existing floors and the proposed new mezzanine floor are correctly engineered for each other. There are a number of low cost methods for moving goods between floors which also need consideration at this stage.
We regularly save money on handling equipment, can work within the fabric of the building, are specialists in material handling and storage systems, as well as steel framed building design, for which we provide two state of the market options adding to this the huge savings we have made for our customers over the years, we would really hope to welcome you as a customer and thank you for reading this. We guarantee it will save you a lot of money and a lot of nasty shocks.
|Delivery Times||Call for details|
|History||Color sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In gravida pellentesque ligula, vel eleifend turpis blandit vel. Nam quis lorem ut mi mattis ullamcorper ac quis dui. Vestibulum et scelerisque ante, eu sodales mi. Nunc tincidunt tempus varius. Integer ante dolor, suscipit non faucibus a, scelerisque vitae sapien.|